At present there are a number of afterschool activities available.
- On Mondays, the school choir rehearses in the school hall from 3-4pm. Pupils from 3rd-6th classes are welcome to participate. We generally allow pupils a few “taster sessions” at the start of each year, but from Halloween onwards, we ask that those who attend should commit and make every effort to be present each week and give of their best for the good of the whole group.
- Brass lessons for 5th class take place on Tuesdays from 3-4pm while the more experienced 6th class are catered for on Thursday afternoons. Gavin Barr facilitates these lessons while members of staff are always on hand to help out and even learn a few tunes themselves.
- Irish Dancing lessons are provided by Ms. Adeline and Claudia Dargan from 2-3 pm on Friday afternoons for the Infant classes and from 3-4pm for the older classes. Adeline may be contacted at 085 725 9865.
- Mr. Stephen Doyle gives instruction in Taekwon-Do on Wednesday afternoons in the school hall. Whether it’s for fitness or self-defence, if your child/children are interested in joining, contact Stephen at 087-6986491 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Afterschool art classes are available on Thursdays from 2-4pm with Ms. Jean Robertson. Contact Jean at 086 8686783 or email@example.com to book your place.
- Mairéad and Pat Breen provide training for draughts players. For the most part, this is for pupils in the Bennekerry/Tinryland community games area, but at times they open the sessions up to other pupils.
Other than choir and brass, these afterschool activities are run privately by the facilitators who hire the school premises for the purpose of delivering the classes. All communication regarding time schedules, fees, programme content etc. should be made directly to/by the organisers and is not the responsibility of the school. If your child chooses to partake in any of these activities, please ensure that you have the contact details of the person in charge and that they also have yours.