Bennekerry N.S. was established in 1869. The old school house which was situated where the bus park is now had one room which was shared by two teachers.
A new school with 2 classrooms was built in 1947 and 4 more classes were added in 1968. A further extension consisting of 2 classrooms, library and PE Hall were added in 1984. In September 2012 we moved into our splendid new building with 16 classrooms.
The school has expanded rapidly over the last two decades. We currently have 426 pupils, 22 teachers, 2 SNA’s, a secretary and a caretaker.